Sunday, August 11, 2013

Long day today

But a very good one. Got up early, as Wing said we were expected in Leederville by 10am. I was up and ready on time, but Wing was running late like usual. So, arrived a bit late, and we all had a goodly breakfast, did a bit of street photography, then headed to Lake Monger.


What surprised me was how far around the lake I managed to walk without having to sit down, or starting to limp. Definite improvement from the last time. Doc did say it would take years for me to completely recover, but I would. And I am! :D

After a few hours there, Wing and headed into Fremantle to attend a Venture Photography gathering. Hung out there for a few hours. While I was taking photos, I felt someone tap me on my shoulder. I turned to look, and a very nice young man handed me a rose, and said "Thank you for supporting the "Sea Shepherds" I was wearing the 'official' Sea Shepherds hooded sweatshirt (keep Zimmerman away from me!). Then I got a hug from him. Kinda made my day.

Came home, and surprisingly my back is not too sore. Here's hoping that there's no being lame tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment