Monday, January 5, 2015

Not only no, but hell no

I read an article from a computer magazine.  It says that cloud storage is the death knell for local hard drive storage units.

Uhh, no.  Cloud storage has shown not only is it vulnerable to to catastrophic data loss, but it has also show itself to be hackable. Case in point, cloud storage theft of intimate celebrity photos.  Then there's the Adobe hack and crack where via the cloud they cleaned out people's bank accounts.

This doesn't inspire confidence, does it?  I have 7 yrs worth of photography on one hd hooked up to the computer. And I have two other external drives, which are back ups to the main photo storage drive.  I've not lost data, nor have I had it stolen in all the years I've been doing this.

Cloud storage? Not a chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment