Thursday, November 10, 2016

Affinity Photo Beta , Windows Public Beta

Since ZonerPhoto went rental, I have been on the look out for a new, GOOD, alternative to Photoshop.  I found one.  Affinty Photo. It has been available for Mac users, but they have now come out with a Windows version, and I have to say, I like it.  A lot!

So far, once I figured out that they wouldn't work on CR2/ORF/RAW or other raw files, I exported image as a JPG.  So far, I have gotten good results with Nik Viveza 2, Define 2, Color Efex Pro 4, HDR Efex Pro 2, Silver Efex Pro 2, Topaz Labs, and Focus Magic.  Alien Skin plugins have issues with Pixel transparency, Piccure and Piccure Plus just don't start, and neither do Redfield plugins. And it doesn't even see any of my OnOne/On1 plugins. Oh well, proprietary software can be something of a boondoggle, yes?
 
Many of these haven't been tested by Affinity programmers, but I thought I would give them a try.
 
Many of the 'native' filters and tools amazing. It has some features and tools that Photoshop/Lightroom do not have (or if they do, I haven't found them)

Overall, I am rather impressed.

No comments:

Post a Comment