Tuesday, December 6, 2016

Finally! Only took two tries.

I finally got a straight answer from MicroSoft in regards to getting my poor Vaio back to abby-normal Windows 8.1 after the disaster that was Win10 update.  All I needed was a new Windows 8 license key, because the Windows 10 disaster invalidated my current one, even with the roll back. After almost frying my computer, JM had the audacity to tell me that a new License key would be $40... Excuse me?

So, I  gave them my ASSURE info, then let my son Alan tell them the problem.So, Alan took over the keyboard and told them that the Win10 almost bricked my computer, took 3 hours to login to be able to roll it back, but I am still having persistent problems, and need a new OEM key to do a Repair Install (aka fixes specific issues without doing a factory reset) and that it was update to Win8 on the Vail was a digital download. 

Ta Da! New OEM key provided, and dling Windows 8.1 Pro with Windows Media Center! (not so much I need Media Center itself, but I need specific DLLs that allows other programs to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment