Friday, February 8, 2019

Back in the day I didn’t have a RAW processor

Nor did I know how to use it, I shot all my photos as high res JPGs. Now, everyone knows that now there are raw editors, and I alos know how to use them now, but what to do with the old JPGs? Are they to be relegated to the "Meh" category? Enter Topaz Labs to the rescue with Topaz JPEG to RAW AI. Now this doesn't just convert the image to a DNG, but carefully, with what AI they use, convert it into a RAW editable image.

I chose one image, applied the same edits, with the exception of lens corrections which is not available in JPG editing.

Here is the jpg, edited with camera raw.

IMG_3705JPG

 

Here’s the same one, but pre-processed with Topaz JPEG to RAW AI:

IMG_3705-edit

 

The difference in the full sized images are amazing.   Now, I have a lot more work to get done, going through older images, that I liked, but just could not get them edited the way they should be.

No comments:

Post a Comment