Tuesday, November 3, 2020

Well, shit..

The osteo-surgeon who did my TRKR three years ago is retired from surgical practice, so he referred me to Dr C. to see what's to be done with my left knee.

I got some good news and some bad news.

Good news is I don't have to go under the knife. (insert muppet cheer here)

Goodish news is there is something to be don. Dr C. said yes, I do have mild arthritis in the knee, but the structure isn't in need of surgery.

However (here comes the bad news) the compression injury from Loki jumping on my knee, combined with the arthritis has cause acute nerve pain. Oral pain meds dull it slightly, but that stuff makes me groggy and fuzzy headed.

Treatment for the knee: rhizotomy. Injections around the front of the knee, under the kneecap, to sever/burn out the nerves. I asked him "If I can't feel pain, will I over do it and cause more damage?"  He said no.  So, my NEXT referral is to a pain management center/doctor.

I'm being referred, seen, referred, seen.. round and round. 

No comments:

Post a Comment