Wednesday, May 25, 2022

Talk about Deja vu!

Saw Mr F. and it seems I have no other option but a total left knee replacement.  Didn't I do this before? (check tag) Yup, on the right knee, almost 5 years ago.

Not really looking forward to going through all of that again. My weight is an issue (well, hully gee, it took 20 years before an endocrinologist finally diagnosed and started treating me for insulin resistance.) There is a 99% chance of a perfect outcome with a certain BMI, and a 1% chance of problems (DVT, infection, etc). With me, the chances are doubled.  To me, that means 98% chance of a perfect outcome. I like those odds. I don't like what I have to do to achieve them.

Mr. F. want me to stop taking the Lyrica. Yeah, I can do that.  Had to explain to him why I, not a diabetic, am taking Metaformin.

Have to get a C.A.T. scan on the left knee Sunday morning, 10am.  Then about a week before the scheduled surgery, I have to get blood drawn for tests.  And I have to be tested for MRSA.  

No comments:

Post a Comment