Saturday, January 6, 2024

The Endoscopy was clear

No scarring, not signs of any growths or other abnormalities.  But the I had one helluva surprise a few weeks later.

I started having chest pains. Just a little, then it got worse and worse. I ended up taking an ambulance ride to the hospital emergency. 

After many blood tests, ECG tracings, some really painful poking  seriously painful prodding, a sublingual Nitro-glycerine spray and a crashing headache afterward, and 7 hours later, with blood draws showing no troponin, the diagnosis was GERD,aka Gastro-esophageal reflux disease, and it mimics a heart attack perfectly.

I have new medication to take (generic Aussie version of Prilosec) One a day. And a bottle of Gaviscon, but they didn't have any Mylanta. At least the Gaviscon liquid is an 'as needed'.

On a funny note: While I was in the corridor, on the ambulance stretcher. I kept seeing a doctor come in, look around, and leave. She did this 4 times. Then she asked Dean, the ambulance attendant, where is "Mrs Chung?"  He pointed at me.  She had been looking for a woman of Asian descent. I chuckled, because it never gets old.

I'm going to be ok. But that is how 2023 ended, and one of the many reason I saw 2023 sucked big time.

No comments:

Post a Comment