Thursday, January 5, 2012

Exercise and Civic Duty, all in a morning bike ride

Loki woke me up around 7am, which was good. I got dressed, put hair ties in (biker style, one ever4 inches down ponytail) grabbed helmet, keys, and headed out for my morning ride.

Who knew I would end up performing a civic duty.

Saw a guy arguing with girl across the street, and when she tried to walk around him, he would push her, hold her, get in her way, condescendingly patting her on her head.
She kept trying to shove HIM away and couldn't because he would grab her arms and hold her.

I watched to make sure, and then I bellowed "Let her go, or I am calling the cops!" and held up my phone

He got all cutsie, and held his hands up like "I surrender" and she walked quickly past him.

Then I pissed him off by shepherding them until she got in her car, closed the door, started it up and left his sorry ass there.

I also took his pic with my phone, not that it's all that great a photograph, but HE didn't know that.

Why is it all the cars going by, not one stopped to do what I did, but they all slowed down to watch the show? It took an over 50 woman on a push bike to do something about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment