Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Most interesting Dental appointment I've every had

Went back for part 2 of my root canal treatment. Upon arrival, I was told I could put my bike in the staff room because bike lock wouldn't fit around the post.

Sat down and waited. One of the dental assistants came out to tell the receptionists that the computers weren't working. That some odd line of words then nothing. Me, being a bit of a techonerd, asked "Did it say something about a boot disc?" She wasn't sure. I got up, went to the machine in question, looked at the screen, then gave the machine the three finger salute (ctrl/alt/del) and pressed F2. Looked over the boot order in the bios. Did a little tweaking, presssed F10, and restarted.

One working computer coming right up. Somehow, the boot order had been scragged.

And for my efforts: I didn't get charged for this dental visit. :D

Who says the barter system isn't still alive and well.

No comments:

Post a Comment