Sunday, March 18, 2012

Busy Sunday

Wing had another "Black and White Photography" lesson, and asked me if I wanted to go along. Was feeling kind of tired, so said no at first. Then I figured I would be tired at home doing nothing, or tired walking around Fremantle and doing something, so I opted for the something. Also, I could give my Canon G1X a serious test drive. It passed with, not with straight A's but with a solid B- to B+. The Minuses were the same issues I had with the G12, so it was a familiar issue. I don't use the Articulated live view screen for a view finder. I use it for light metering, and to set F Stop and Shutter speed. Then look through the diopter and take photo. It handles higher ISOs wonderfully, and even though it's only 4x zoom (the G12 was 5X) the larger sensor allowed for larger and sharper photos, so you can zoom in by cropping if you feel the need.

I pretty much went my merry, while Wing and the other students followed the teacher around. I did end up running into them, and even got to chat with the teacher. He told me that Wing takes great photographs. I told him I have said that to Wing several times, and he had my permission to convince Wing.

"Yes, Wing. You do know what you're doing."

No comments:

Post a Comment