Thursday, November 6, 2014

After a few hours of trial and error, and a wee bit of swearing...

I got OnOne Perfect PhotoSuite 9 for Photoshop installed and running.  The problem I had after that was getting odd errors. Clicked on "Browse in Bridge" and I would get Javascript error.  I couldn't load multiple images into layers to, and attempting to photomerge would result in the same Javascipt error.

You can't pick what installation of Photoshop to install OnOne 9 into.  Yes, I still have CS5 running, with OnOne 8 because I have certain tools that just do not work in CS6 (astronomy based actions/plugins/addons). I tried uninstalling and reinstalling v8. Still kept getting the errors.  I had no way to install or keep it in just CS5 during the install. I also couldn't pick which version of Photoshop I wanted to uninstall OnOne Suite from.  ARGH!

Solution: Installed OnOne 9 leaving OnOne 8 fulling installed.  Then, what I did was go into CS6 and moved the plugin folders out of the CS6, launched, and TaDa! Javascript/PhotoMerge/Browse From Bridge works and I still have v8 installed for CS5.

Then another problem: after the installation, different OnOne tools that I use in conjunction because some of the features and options aren't in the PhotoSuite, stopped working.  It took about 4 hours to get that fixed, as both PhotoTune/PhotoProfessional tools had to be reinstalled, and my 'work arounds' applied.

I'm quite tired now.

No comments:

Post a Comment