Thursday, December 18, 2014

Smash forehead into keyboard to continue

Ok, I am really on my last nerve when it comes to telecommunications, whether phone or computer. 

Our router died after years of long service. IINET did send another very quickly. That's the good news. Bad news is it doesn't like my wireless on my desktop, and when I start more than one program that accesses the internet, the "default gateway" goes "fnurky" and I have to reset the router.  Of course, first thing is they say it HAS To me my network adapter.  Umm, no, seeing as it can connect and stay connected to 3 different wireless routers/Wifi devices.  So, after a few hours hammering away, IINET support said they will send another modem, give that one a try see if that works. (Hey, did my purchase curse apply here?) 

And in OTHER news: Ordered new handset for Alan via VodaFone, forever now until the sun goes supernova, shall be known as VodaFail, on the 5th of November.  No show for 3 weeks. I email via their support page. Gist of the message from them was "Oops, our bad! Will send it out right away!"

Go forward another 3 weeks, and nothing. I call. I'm not happy. I'm made to chant the my details over and over and over. They have no record of my emailing their support.  Funny, I have not only the reply from their support but a reference number.  Pregnant pause ensued.  FINALLY, they will be sending the phone in 3 to 5 days.

It arrived today.  Did I mention they knew that this was an upgrade from a Samsung Galaxy S2, so would need a new sim chip? Shoot, even the gal who I dealt with on Nov 5th told me that!  Guess what DIDN'T arrive with the phone.  (insert a string of words that would make a 20 yr Marine Drill Instructor blush).  I call VodaFail, while on the landline with IINET, and Again, I am NOT happy here.  Paying for 2 $%%#%$*&@# months of phone service that can't be used? 

I told them that they had better not DARE to send me a survey again, because they would NOT like the responses.  I have a headache, my eyes hurt and I can hear the blood pounding in my ears.

No comments:

Post a Comment