Wednesday, April 29, 2015

All File Recovery Programs aren't created equal

Because I wasn't paying attention while Wing was getting ready for work, I chose the wrong delete option when clearing off a CF card. I chose DELETE ALL instead of DELETE SELECTED. And of course I couldn't stop the deletion while in progress.

I immediately started SD Card Recovery Pro... effing USELESS. It found 74 files. Some of which were from 2012! Too bad I had deleted over 300 images.

Then came EaseUS File Recovery. It found over 900 files. YAY! Unfortunately it recovered them as unopenable TIF and ICO files. Yes, I tried every graphics program I had on the computer trying, and searched for others. No Joy!

Iolo Search and Recover - Ok, this found more of them, but only two of this mornings photos. In total about 150.

Just about read to give up, I searched and found one called "R-Undelete". Not expecting much but hoping for the best, I installed it and ran it. it found over 900 images/files, and I recovered all the sunrise photos I took this morning, and then some. All in their proper format. All readable, openable, not corruptions. And the best part, is R-Undelete is free for home user.

No comments:

Post a Comment