Tuesday, September 1, 2015

G'bye August.. Hello September

First off, Happy 1st Day of Spring (in the southern hemisphere)

I, for one, am not sorry to see the month of August is over. It's not been a good month.  I caught the worst case of the flu I have had in more years than I can count. The cough was so hard and harsh, I ended up stretching/tearing a bit of cartilage that connects ribs to sternum.  The cough is still lingering, but not rib cracking any more.

Keito, our 12 yr old cat was sick, and because cats can hide illness until they're almost on death's door, we almost lost him.  Acute bladder blockage. He spent 9 days in vet hospital, 7 of those days in ICU, as he needed round the clock care. Problem resolved with surgery, and luckily, no kidney damage. Best way to describe the surgery: Keito is genetically male, but architecturally female when it comes to peeing. 

Next on this list (which I am listing in order of their occurrence) was my son, Alan, being brought to the ER due to abdominal pain.  It was thought to be a blockage of a different sort, so when there was no good resolution, he was admitted to the hospital. He called me and said the doctor on call wanted to do a laparoscopic exam. I told him to go for it. 

He was knocked out, and had the procedure... and it was a damned good thing he did, because it showed that he had a perforated appendix, and he was immediately wheeled into the O.R. and had it removed. He's home, recovering.  Had to be on high dose of extremely strong antibiotics, which led to other issues.  He saw his GP and has some pro-biotics and other intestinal health items.

So, yes, I give the month of August a fare thee well wave, and hope that September is a better one.

No comments:

Post a Comment