Thursday, August 25, 2016

Today could have started out a bit better

Last Friday, I had a ruptured epidermoid cyst bigger than a golf ball removed from my back, over the shoulderblade.  The follow up care/treatment was rather painful but necessary. My left arm has been rather useless as any movement hurts. I've had it in a sling to reduce the shock of impact when just walking. 

Yesterday, I went back for another follow up (the not so fun treatment was at an end) and the doctor said all is healing quite well, although it was still (in his words) "a mighty big hole".   It was filled with a biogel that allows the wound to heal from the deepest part up, like a zipper and put a clear waterproof dressing over it. (look out shower! Here I come! No more basin baths. YAY!)

This morning, after daintily stepping around me since Friday, Loki decided to fall back on his old method of getting human up.  And of all the square feet of my, he managed to jump right on/near the surgical site.

Hurt like #%#$!@$#&.  Arm back in sling. Checked wound, and it's ok, didn't breech the dressing or cause damage.

No comments:

Post a Comment