Wednesday, September 20, 2017

9 Days Post-Op visit w/Nurse Practitioner and Physio

Had the surgical dressing removed, and was told it was healing nicely.  I had some problems with the medications, and those problems were addressed and taken care of. I have been told that rest, and pain management are paramount for my rehab. Since my liver is so efficient, it filters the medication out a bit quickly, leaving me in pain for an hour or more between pain med dosages.  I have been given a different pain medication to take when that happens.  Still have to take blood thinners, anti-inflammatory, and unfortunately something to ensure regularity. I'll just leave it at that.  Took new dosing schedules and went to see the physio.

Pat is everything a physio can be. A nice sadist.  He massaged, bent, pushed, pushed even more.  I could take it. He said 'no higher than pain level 5'.  I am very fortunate, that all tendons and ligaments are fine. It was just the bone/cartilage. My reward for all the torture was his massaging my foot, pushing up past my knee to reduce the swelling, then fit me with a mid-thigh to ankle compression stocking.  He also reiterated the need for pain management being key to doing the exercises.  So, no more 'toughing it out'.

Message assimilated. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment