Saturday, September 23, 2017

What the hell

Out of the blue, my Windows 7 computer decided that the OS wasn't genuine... after 2 years.  I tried reactivating, and no joy.

I headed to Microsoft Help, started a session with a tech. He rebooted the system with all by MS services disabled.  After 2 hours of nothing he did working right, he left and had me continue a download to try later. 

5 hours later, the download is still going, so I'm getting bored.  I open up Control Panel, click on system. Sure enough, still saying not activated. I clicked on ACTIVATE and I got "Your copy of windows may be counterfeit. Go online to fix this." (got this with the tech, but he would just close it down)  I clicked on it, opened the link in IE. I saw a button that said "VALIDATE".  Clicked on that, and suddenly Windows 7 Ultimate is activated.

Maybe I should work for MS support?

No comments:

Post a Comment