Tuesday, February 20, 2018

Oh well

Another Windows update, and it again disabled TotalMediaTheater.  And since ArcSoft is no longer supporting or updating it, there is no solution from that avenue.

I have one option left to keep using is. Try installing it on one of my VMs.  Yes, I have Cyberlink PowerDVD17 but it's bloated, and sometimes, even with AnyDVD and Passkey, certain BluRays and DVDs won't play in it, so need another. TotalMediaTheater was the best. Didn't hog system resources, stable, never a problem, and fully integrated in Windows Media Center.

WinDVDPro by Corel is integrated in WMC, but it has issues that Corel support can't seem to figure out.  Leawo.. hmm, yeah, it works but is a bit touchy. DvdFab 5 player, also works but has a few problems.

Who knows, maybe someone will figure out how to hack/patch TMT, but I'm not going to hold my breath.

No comments:

Post a Comment