Tuesday, August 21, 2018

Got some work to do

I have been using Forte Agent since version 3.  Now it's up to version 8.  When I had a tech problem with it, I used to be able to submit a ticket, explain everything I had tried, and get good tech support.

Last year, the person I suspect was the programmer/owner of the program retired. Now, if you have a support issue, you are shit out of luck. Even if you tell them you've read the FAQ, surfed the net, checked forums for hours with out any result, what you get is copy paste BS from the FAQ. (most recent was an issue with a problem removing old addresses from address book. The useless advice was a direct copy and paste from the FAQ, even though I told her I had already read it)

Why? This excuse really rankles:  Since they don't charge much for the software, they will no longer provide second tier (aka info not on the useless FAQ).  There is no plans for any updates, either.  Sooner or later, this email program, without any updates, will no longer be usable with email services.

Switch to another email program? Sure, but the only way you can export your address book is in a convoluted XML file, which can't be imported into another program with any semblance of order. 

So, I have some work to do, to manually input all the address from one email program to another.  I'll have to keep forte agent on my system though, because of years of correspondence, and Forte only IMPORTS messages, it doesn't export them.

No comments:

Post a Comment