Thursday, December 27, 2018

Well, that sucks.

I have been using Cyberfox in place of Firefox for years. I wanted to check to see if there was an update, only to keep getting errors trying to get the the website.

With a bit of Google research, I found out that the programmer of Cyberfox, due to illness, has suspended all work, indefinitely (maybe forever, maybe not). Understandable, and I wish him a speedy recovery.

I don't like what Firefox has turned into, it's become an Echo of Chrome.  And if I wanted Chrome as as my primary browser I'd use Chrome.  After FF's huge overhaul, 90% of my tried and trusted addons/extensions no longer worked.  And there was no longer a way to use Nightly Testers Tools to make them compatible, so really Mozilla, why do you even bother to have than neutered version of Nightly Testers Tools as an addon?

Chrome is ok, but this crapola with Flash ...  really?  I had disabled updates to prevent the issue with flash, but Google forced an update regardless.  I want to customize my Browser, not have the browser customize itself.

I have managed to download the latest and last version of Cyberfox (52.9.1) and am currently backing up my profiles on both Win 7 and Win 10, just in case of a screw up. (ie extensions suddenly no longer working sort of screw up)

No comments:

Post a Comment