Wednesday, January 16, 2019

Yesterday with counselor

I'm not going to say it's all weeping, or thrashing about, sometimes, there is humor involved. 

I had a questionnaire thing to fill out.  They were all multiple choice, three choices.  Never, sometimes, and always.

I got to one of the questions, and none of them actually fit. So, I wrote in the word OFTEN and circled it.  And on another part about being superstitions (believing in magic or other supernatural things)  I wrote "Abracadabara"  and the word NO underneath it.

Then we got down to the brass tacks.  D did agree that my childhood ticked off all the "at risk of" (insert drug abuse, alcoholism, self harm, abusive etc etc) but I surprisingly came through it without being any of them.  Some people will just shrug and think that's no big deal, but it is.  It made me strong, and stronger than most.  Put it this way, my first husband was a controlling abusive SOB. He put his hands on me ONCE in anger, and he bullied my youngest son, and that was it!

I left... packed three suitcases, and my young son, and we were out of there.  I was so sick of his whining, I cut him the check to pay to file for no fault divorce.   A lot of abused partners/wives/husbands stay because they're too afraid to leave.

Was I scared? Yes, but I did it. I won't let ANYONE abuse me the way he did.

I still have depression, it hasn't gone away.  But I find reasons to enjoy life. I will go out of my way to do so.

No comments:

Post a Comment