Friday, December 20, 2019

I know it bites into their profits to pay out

But I'm really pissed off at PetPlan insurance right now.


Loki had bad breath. Upon exam, it turned out he had an oral infection, and ONE, just ONE of the steps to clear him of the infection was to have under the gum line near the infected areas cleaned.  He was lucky, he didn't lose any teeth. The other steps were to give him antibiotics, and to 'clean his mouth', if I could without getting bitten.. too much.


However, according to PetPlan, this wasn't a cure for an oral infection, oh no no no!  It was 'a preventative dental scaling'. 
I have sent this to them. Not that I actually expect them to do the right thing.


Consider this angry feedback.  I've been a client of yours for 12+ years. 

My cat, Loki had bad breath. Upon exam, it turned out he had an oral infection, and ONE, just ONE of the steps to clear him of the infection was to have under the gum line near the infected areas cleaned.  He was lucky, he didn't lose any teeth. The other steps were to give him antibiotics, and to 'clean his mouth', if I could without getting bitten.. too much.

However, according to PetPlan, this wasn't a cure for an oral infection, oh no no no!  It was 'a preventative dental scaling'.  That was your 'loophole'. You consider any and gum/teeth treatment as preventative. If it was preventative, he would have had it done without me submitting a claim, just like I did with Ziggy, and Keito, Loki and Trance over the years.  But this was a needed MEDICAL procedure to CURE an infection.


Don't bother calling me, because I know you will just give me the same excuse, that it was preventative.  And my reply is the same: If it was preventative, he wouldn't have had an oral infection.

No comments:

Post a Comment