Wednesday, December 18, 2019

Yesterday, I cleaned out "Ziggy's Corner".

I had been putting it off because it felt like I was erasing her. But Ziggy can never be erased, or forgotten.

I moved some of her things, and got into the corner behind the footstool. And in the corner I found at least 20 small batteries. AAs, AAAs, single use, rechargeable.
The little wench had been hoarding them! I laughed through the tears as I cleared out her 'treasure trove'.
Now we know why she was always with her butt in the air, on the edge of the footstool, rummaging around in the corner.
What I didn't realize how much having just that much of her history with us cleared away would hurt today.  Finding her toys, some with her fur and scent still on them.
I miss her... and I miss Keito. But I didn't know I'd miss them this much.  Maybe it's because losing two in a month to the day was a bit to take.

No comments:

Post a Comment