Sunday, February 9, 2020

Found out what the problem is/was

When I went to the Perth Zoo, I was ok. Knees felt a bit wonky, but that was from the deep knee bends, and squatting down I did to get some great photos of the beautiful animals.

We drove home, and when I got out of the car, and the knees and ankles were a bit stiff and complaining about what I put them through (was at the zoo for almost 6 hours)

I stuck the CF card into the reader, transferred them all to the hard drive, turned my chair, and started to get up, and pain in my right heel almost dropped me where I stood. If it wasn't for my chair and the cat tower, I would have fallen to the floor. To say excruciating pain would not be an exaggeration.  I called for Wing to get my cane from the closet and I ended up using it for the next few days.

Fast forward a couple of weeks, to when I saw my physio, "Simon the Sadist" , and told him about it.  He got me an appointment with a personal trainer, for supervised exercise. 

"Meg the Motivator" at SporTreat.  Went through all the history with spinal surgery, knee surgery, compartment syndrome surgery, the recovery from the knee replacement, and the car accident afterward. 

I told her about the constant pain in my heel. It seems I have inflammation where the Calcaneus tendon attaches to the heel. Not plantar fasciitis.  Best solution is to take anti-inflammatory (ibuprofen), ice packs (20 mins on, 20 mins off) and better shock absorbing shoes.  I already had the right kind of shoes, according to both Simon and Meg, so today, I got some silicone shock absorbing pads.

Even though I only need one in the right shoe, I have to use both, or one leg feels longer than the other. Felt relief and less pain almost immediately. 

No comments:

Post a Comment