Tuesday, October 20, 2020

Mix and match?

It's been a week since I had the cortisone injection.  The pain level from the injection itself have faded. I tried wearing one of my knee braces yesterday, but to say it was uncomfortable would be an understatement.

I tried wearing my replacement Donjoy brace. It's a bit too big, but the velcro sticks without issues and I had the stop clips to allow slight flexing, and no hyperextending.  It just didn't seem to fit right. I dug out my old one, with the velcro that is separating from fabric.  I put the stop clips from the newer brace into it and walked around. It didn't feel too bad. Leg had support, and knee didn't feel like lower leg was moving side to side.

I got out the replacement brace Hayden gave me, and adjusted the joint on it that allows a slight flexing, but no hyperextending.  Same result as using the old Donjoy brace.

Now, what I'm feeling could just be recovery from having a 3 inch harpoon jammed into a clump of very sore and swollen tendons and cartilage, but I'm just going to go with it.  I'll see about sleeping with it on for added support and healing.

No comments:

Post a Comment