Sunday, October 4, 2020

Different brace is good

It goes to mid-thigh, instead of almost into the groin, to mid-calf, with one of the straps above the shelf of the calf, so it can be secured into place.

It has a lockable hinge, which has it's good point and it bad. 

The Good: It keeps my knee from bending, holding it in a straight position, not putting any strain on the injured area.  The hinges can be unlocked, allowing for easier sitting (ie in the car, or in the TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN ROOM)

The Bad: After a while, though, I get itchy under it. The "Bane of Neoprene".  And there's one spot hook end Velcro that chafes on the inside of my right leg if I don't get it on just right.  And it's very tiring to get about. Crutches, cane, they help, but still tiring.

In 9 days, I get an ultrasound guided injection in the joint. Yes, it will have some local anesthetic, but it's still gonna f**king hurt like hell going in.

Why is it everything that is wrong with me and has to be tested/treated, it's in very painful ways? 

And right now, I am a bit 'touchy'.  Anniversary of losing Mister Meow-Gi, aka Keito coming up fast.  My heart still hurts over losing him the way I did. 

No comments:

Post a Comment