Wednesday, September 30, 2020

Day started off shitty

Didn't sleep well. No matter what position I got in, the pain in my knee would wake me up. So, I was cranky from being tired.  I had laid out my clothes last night, and quickly got cleaned up and dressed, and ready to go.  I got the scaffold, and was going through the routine of putting in on,and tightening the straps in order.  This is were 'shitty' came in. One of the clips snapped while I was tightening it.

(Insert bad words here)  I took an unbroken clip from upper thigh strap, removed the broken clip and replaced it with the one I took off the top thigh strap.  I then repositioned the velcro tab on the upper thigh strap, and pulled it tight, clove hitched it to where the clip was supposed to go, then pushed the velcro tab onto the strap.  It worked, but was easily loosened.

Saw Dr B, the endocrinologist. It seems my thyroid hormone levels (T3 and T4) and uptake levels have normalized. He couldn't put me on the scale because of the scaffold, but I told him how I had been measured, and have lost 8cms (about 3.5 inches) from around my butt, same from around my waist, and 2.5 cms from around each thigh. Also my clothes are too big, and some that were too small I can wear. 

Off to see Mr S, the osteopathic surgeon (retired from surgery, but still consulting and referring) and this is where my day got better.  He read the MRI, layer by layer and the good news is I do NOT need any surgery. I will, however, need an ultrasound guided injection of cortisone under local anesthesia.  Appointment has been made, but I have to wait a few weeks.

I spoke to Hayden regarding the scaffold/brace clip breaking. Even he said it shouldn't have.  He took photo of broken clip, and the model of the brace on my leg.  What he did really surprised me. There wasn't an extra clip in storage, but he did have some sample braces that Mr S had been given, AND he had a used one the he heartily recommended.  I got the the used one on now, and my knee feel so much better. It's an above the knee, mid-calf and I can lock the brace to zero degree of bending, keeping it completely straight.  The other 'sample' brace is a lockable one, but it is upper thigh to mid calf.  If I need it, it's there to be used. 

No comments:

Post a Comment