Friday, September 25, 2020

Well... shit

Saw Jase, the podiatrist. A rather wasted appointment, because until I get my knee seen to, not much can be done regarding it. 

Ah, the knee: Jase at least gave me the skinny on my knee. I have a meniscal flap tear. Loki, in a freaky accident, landed just right on my knee, making the knee cap 'shave' a flap of the meniscus, like a tongue, hanging off the meniscus. No wonder it was blindingly painful.

To see what can be done for or to it, I have to wait until I see Mr S *. Because if I have to have surgery on the knee for a temporary fix, it might be better all around to have Left Total Knee Replacement (LTKR) for a number of reasons. For one major reason, to stop the undue strain on my RTKR. Because of my left knee being so painful, I am leaning a lot of weight on my right prosthetic, speeding up wear and tear (and the need for a revision).  Another, I have asthma. Putting me under for surgery again, and again is dangerous.

I know what I would look forward to feeling and going through with a TLKR, as I have been through it with the right knee. We already have the bathroom revamped (rails in the shower, shower hop lowered, 'rehab' chair already in bedroom etc etc).

I can speculate all day, and get myself all worked up, but no decisions can be made until I see Mr S.

*Mr S,orthopedic surgeon extraordinaire, after a long career of knee/hip surgery is retiring. But he hasn't abandoned his patients, as he still is there for consultations, diagnoses, and referrals.

No comments:

Post a Comment