Wednesday, September 9, 2020

Good news, bad news

Good News: Left knee is no worse than it was last week.

Bad News: Left knee is no better than it was last week. *sigh*

Dr S has scheduled an MRI for the left knee, and x-ray of right knee, as it's been three years since I've had the hardware installed. Dr S is fairly certain there is no structural issues with the left knee, just a raging case of tendinitis. If MRI shows that, a few (ouch) injections under the kneecap will be the fix.

Dr S has given me script for some pain managing, as he noticed how tired I look,and I admitted to not sleeping well. That's when he told to me to TRY and sleep with the brace on, and to leave it on all the time. (notable exceptions will be not while in the shower, or while getting dressed AFTER the shower. 

Simon the Sadist;  he really is a decent sort of guy, a bit of a wise ass, but he takes as well as he gives.  My range of motion of the leg (the degree to which I can bend it) is great. Straightening it out, however, hurts like $@%#.  He told me to stop with the heel slides, as it might be aggravating the tendon.  He said my core/abdomen strength and control is great, and so is the muscle tone elsewhere. Fekking thyroid.

No comments:

Post a Comment