Monday, September 7, 2020

After the weekend, I'm back in the saddle

And if by saddle you think 'Thigh to Ankle Knee Brace" , you would be correct.  As much as I'm beginning to loathe it, my knee feels better when the leg is kept straight, without any bend.  Unfortunately, because of how far up the thigh the brace comes, it makes certain daily tasks and 'bodily functions' (hey, I'm trying to be polite here) difficult.

I think the problem is I have to get it through to Wing that when the doctor and physio says my knee is better, that doesn't mean it's "ALL better". Packing a lot of things to do over the weekend isn't a great thing. Having to keep the leg straight doesn't really work in the car, unless I sit in the back seat behind the drivers' seat, torso facing the passenger window, with my let across the seat. But keeping the safety belt from choking me is more than just a little bit difficult.

So, that only leaves me the "Big Berth", but that one bends too much, because he misplaced the clips that keep the thing from bending. Baby Betty hasn't arrived yet. It would be a happy medium. a brace just above the knee, strapped at the calf below the knee, that can have or not have a slight bend in it.  And it would make certain day to day routines a helluva lot easier to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment