Saturday, August 6, 2022

Better living through chemistry... again.

Dr H refilled the slow release and quick release pain killers. Last night I took the quick one after dinner, and the slow release one before going to bed.  That was the best nights' sleep I have had in a long time.. ok, in two weeks.

Got up late, after 8am, and for those who know me, that is very late. Bonus, I didn't need the Zimmer frame, was able to get around with just using the cane. Was also able to completely shower, including a shampooing and conditioner. Still had Wing waiting in the other room, just in case I got vertigo from leaning my head back under the shower head.

Only needed one quick release after breakfast. And when it took affect, I sat down in a chair and slid my left foot back until I felt tightness/discomfort. When the discomfort went away, or dropped to a tolerable level, I would move my foot back a little more. I don't have something to measure, but I'm pretty sure after doing that routine a few times, I was able to bend my knee to about 110 degrees.

I'm manipulating the incision scar. Moving it side to side, stretching it from top to bottom, in an effort to make it more pliable when the 'real' rehab starts in a few weeks.

And, I am back to sitting at my desk, with leg propped up on a footstool,  rather than a medical chair with a hospital type rolling table. The only problem is Loki, the lovable, huge, moggie wants to climb up on my, via my left leg. He doesn't understand why he can't do this right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment