Saturday, September 23, 2023

It's been a crap week

Last Sunday, when walking around a corner to MiL's favorite noodle house, I walked into a thick cloud of cigarette smoke. In one day, I went from an asthmatic with seasonal allergies to having a severe upper respiratory infection.  The high fever gave me something else, too, but hey, gotta keep something out of the public.

Of course, my GP Dr H was on vaycay (Grand Finals) and I couldn't get an appointment with the doc covering his patients.

I put a call out to the group mind, aka Facebook, to ask what to do.  And I got results. Doctor's on Demand. Only irritation I had was I paid for a 15 min video consultation, and got a 4 min 15 second phone call.  Regardless, I did get the needed antibiotics, and BONUS! a steroid inhaler.

I am feel physically better (still coughing, but no blood anymore), but I also at the same time feel so much pain. This is the first time I have been seriously ill and not have Loki there with me.  I haven't been able to rest/sleep during the day, because he isn't there. He would curl up next to or on me, emitting a low rumbling purr until I fell asleep. He would be there when I woke up. Wing and Alan keep telling me to go take a nap, and I just put on the proper face, smile and say not sleepy. I run myself into exhaustion so when I do go to bed, the pain because of the empty place where he should be fades. Only to have to go through it again another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment