Monday, April 19, 2010

Thank you, Photoshop

I have been getting this odd behavior from my computer. When doing graphics work (Adobe Photoshop, Corel Paint Shop Pro, TwistedBrush) and web browsing at the same time, my screen would go solid grey, sometimes I would get a loud humming coming from the speakers, and the computer would hardlock.

About 15 mins ago, it did it again while I was using Photoshop. I performed a hard reboot, restarted Windows normally, then restarted Photoshop. I got greeted with a message inside of Photoshop that there was an issue with the GPU driver. I immediately used the native Win7 'updated driver', and it said all was well. So, I decided to use the ATI Radeon panel to check for update, and lo and behold, there was one.

Here's hoping the update puts a halt to that grey screen lock out.



No comments:

Post a Comment