Tuesday, July 12, 2011

This is a bit odd

I thought I would be feeling less uncomfortable as the days go by.

The day after the surgery, my right shoulder, my right clavicle area and around my right collar bone hurt. I didn't think much of it. Noticed a few bruises a few days after I was home, but no biggie. But today my right hip, along the same 'line' started to hurt like hell. Very well could have been sore from the outset but not bad enough to really take notice. I'm beginning to think that when I was transferred from surgery table to ward table, I landed on the railing.

Alan is a bit concerned about something else. The surgeon, as well as the admitting doctor 'lectured' me on my diet. They look at me and presume that I am stuffing my face with donuts, cake, pie, fast food, when nothing could be further from the truth. Hells bells, I have a written report from a nutritionist that my GP sent me to that my diet is "Near Perfect" and there is nothing left for me to cut out for weight loss. Let's put it this way, since I have been back home, I haven't changed what I eat with the exception of cutting my lowfat yogurt out (dairy after gall bladder surgery isn't very good), and I haven't had a single instance of the 'side effect' of fatty diet after gall bladder surgery. That alone is very telling of the healthiness of my dietary practices.

But because of the rather trite and snarky comments from the doctors, I have cut back even more on my caloric intake. Alan reminded me, in very strong terms, that the last time I did that I ended up fainting in Tai Chi class.

No comments:

Post a Comment