Tuesday, April 17, 2012

It seems my purchase curse is still in full effect

*sigh* My 5 month new Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS USM, the same lens that won me a wonderful holiday trip to Hamilton Island, has decided that it won't focus. Not a good thing in a camera lens.

My purchase curse is this: no matter what it is, ever new item that has anything to do with mechanics or electronics is faulty. People have laughed at this statement. Family and friends have laughed at it.

They aren't laughing any more.

Phones, blenders, hand mixers, microwaves, computers, coffee pots, automobiles, hair driers, washing machine, dryer, dish washer, refrigerator, bicycles, cameras, you name it. My ex husband was a tool, so even he might qualify.

So, the first new lens I got was the above mentioned lens. And it's faulty. At least it's under warranty, and is on it's way to the East coast for repairs or replacement. Wing was a darling, and has hired a replacement for this weekend (photography event this weekend) so I won't be caught short.

No comments:

Post a Comment