Sunday, October 21, 2012

I have Carpal Tunnel

It's annoying, but easily dealt with via a wrist splint, ice, and ibuprofen. What is annoying is getting the proper wrist splint. I tried a 'thermoskin', but the velcro abraded my arm, and the material made me itch.

I did find a great one, Futuro Deluxe splint. It's comfortable, gives me full flex of my fingers and thumbs. But I need a 2nd one for when it needs to be cleaned/washed. Every pharmacy I went to no longer had the this one. I picked up a different one from same maker because the pharmacist said it could be that the one I wanted has been discontinued. I tried it for a week, but it doesn't give the same support.

So, I hopped onto the net. I checked their website, and the product hasn't been discontinued. Decided to shop online. Again, I was aghast at the price disparity. Here, in Australia: one splint costs $60 + shipping. I ordered two from Amazon. Their cost, including shipping: $45. If I had gotten one, it would have been $26. I'm willing to wait two weeks to save over 50%. Who wouldn't be?

No comments:

Post a Comment