Monday, October 15, 2012

Wow.. just two weeks.

On Sept 29th, I brought my 5DMkIII to Camera Electronic to be sent off to Canon Repair because of severe battery draining. Now, it couldn't be sent off until October 2nd. Wing called me today to tell me that Camera Electronic called and said my camera was back from Canon Repair. I don't know what the results are, but all I know is that batteries, when left in the camera for a week, would be totally drained. Here's hoping it's been seen to.

Yesterday, I tried to update the maps on my portable GPS. Downloaded the correct update file, and proceeded to installation. Started the GPS, and when I selected "Navigation", it would kick out a "Fatal Error". I tried downloading the update again, same fatal error. Tried with a different SD card. No joy. I posted on the GPS' brand forum, and faced the usual condescension. There are times, I'm tempted to create male personas on tech support forums, as it seems they can't get it through their heads that Female ≠ clueless! I ended up emailing the company, and after their totally ignoring the info in the email (I included model number, serial number, even included photo of the error message on the screen) I was asked what the model was... twice. But I got another email with a link to download the full program. Turns out that the update on their server was corrupt, and I was doing everything right. So, now my GPS is not only working, but updated also.

No comments:

Post a Comment