Monday, February 11, 2013

A bit more "Bonfire of the Vanities" in miniature form

Been going through some areas of the house with a garbage bag, Mini Dyson, and other cleaning items. Been throwing away accumulated 'stuff'. While in the middle of this, I ran across my old Handspring Visor and the GoType keyboard. Curiosity got the better of me, so I unboxed them, got batteries for the Visor. Even though I had seen the "GoType" disc recently, I couldn't remember where, so downloaded the drivers for it.

Got out my netbook as it still runs Windows XP. Installed everything and it all works. I used to use the Visor for an ebook reader, a grocery list/memo list, and had a few greyscale games for it. I mean, it's really old school by today's standards, but when I got it, it was one helluva PDA. Still is, if you take its limitations into consideration. No clue what I'm going to do with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment