Monday, February 25, 2013

Everything old is new again

The chair end plug for the power supply for my lumbar massaging chair broke off, and I had been looking on the internet for replacement. I spent months looking, to no avail. Event he store where I bought the chair didn't have a number for spare parts.

Then I had a light bulb moment. We have all these power supply cords from now defunct or no longer used items. I gathered ones that looked similar to the plug that broke off the cord. Three candidates.

First one I tried, pushed the power switch on the massage control.. nothing. I sighed and started to remove it from the chair. Then I noticed the massage control wasn't plugged into the chair (sheepish grin). Hooked the plug back in, plugged the controller in, closed my eyes and pushed the power switch again. I opened my eyes and was rewarded with a little red light on the control. Selected Lumbar and heard the blessed sound of the mechanism working.

By recycling, I saved me the cost of at least a new power supply for the chair, or a new chair.

EL CHEAPO STRIKES AGAIN! (but enjoying a nice lower back massage while typing this)

No comments:

Post a Comment