Tuesday, October 15, 2013

I spotted something odd

I was reading postings by Tea Party/GOP supporters, and whenever they posted something snide, or blatantly wrong (ie President is Kenyan, or Rafael Cruz is some sort of genius) I noticed they tend to put capslocked "LOLs" in their postings. Sometimes several in one posting.

I thought that maybe I was seeing things, so I scrolled through several different forums and sites, and checked out postings by what I call TeaBorgs (anyone familiar with Star Trek TNG gets the Borg, but for those who don't, they are part of a collective, incapable of individual thinking for themselves). I noted this "LOL" phenomenon over and over. Postings made by people who weren't TeaBorgs typed concise verifiable data, had TeaBorg rebuttals typically snide comments, links to usually debunked, debated, or flat out made up sites, mixed with many LOLs.

Are they laughing at themselves? I think so, and because of this, I read their venom, and shake my head with pity.

No comments:

Post a Comment