Tuesday, October 22, 2013

To say Ziggy is 'high strung'

Is an understatement.  Ziggy isn't allowed to roam free, but I do let her accompany me when I'm futzing around with my potted plants in the back yard.

She typically shadows me, meowing all the time as if announcing her presence to the world, and explores the back yard as I go along pruning, watering and feeding the plants.

When we came around to the gate area, Ziggy flopped down on a patch of sun-warmed bricks and started rolling around on them.  She was a little too close to the gate, and she ever so gently nudged it with her head. Of course, the metal gate rattled, startling her. She sprang to her feet, proceeded to inflate and dashed into the house.

I, of course, held off laughter until she was out of sight.

No comments:

Post a Comment