Sunday, November 17, 2013

Had a bit of an accident last night

Sometimes, those solar charged lawn lights don't got the distance. Sometimes they shut off but not because the battery charged went flat.

We have two solar powered floods aimed at the front door. Typically, I walk up to them at night, use my small flashlight on the solar panels for about a second, and they come back on and stay one for a few hours.

I did this, as usual,but forgot I had moved a large, recently emptied planter. I turned around, and walked smack into it, bashing my left shin very hard. Lost balance, executed a pirouette a ballerina would have been proud to see, regained balance, and walked to the door to go in.

Only thing that ran through my head is "please, no bleeding" because as hard has I hit it, I didn't really feel it because of nerve damage. Got into the house, checked the shin, and Hooo doggie did I do a helluva hit, but no blood.

Alan saw it and said "Holy shit." , went to the freezer and got a bag of frozen pea, wrapped in a towel, then got foot stool, and I applied the improvised icepack. Kept bruising to minimum.

Left hip is a bit sore this morning, though, so probably gave it a helluva wrench last night.

No comments:

Post a Comment