Tuesday, November 26, 2013

It took a few days, but it seems The Secret Service is investigating this guy now

I posted about reporting someone on Facebook who was advocating the assassination/murder of a twice duly elected president. He said he would do it, and even tried to get other to agree to join in on the 'fun'. And after Facebook decided this didn't violate their TOS and wouldn't remove it, I told them I was sending the info to the Secret Service, which I did via Twitter, on November 21st, as there was no email contact to be found on their Secret Service Page:




Yesterday, I get this from Facebook yesterday:

Hi Sandra,

We revised our decision on your report of Everest Wilhelmsen's photo.

We reviewed the photo you reported for containing hate speech or symbols. Since it violated our Community Standards, we removed it. Thanks for your report. We let Everest Wilhelmsen know that his photo has been removed, but not who reported it. Facebook never discloses who submits a report.

Thanks,
The Facebook Team



And today I read the Secret Service is investigating this 'gentleman'. I wonder if Facebook got a call from the Secret Service.

No comments:

Post a Comment