Sunday, January 19, 2014

Hmmmm

 

I used to be very active in archery. Even after the spinal surgery, I managed to get back to the archery range. Wing collected my arrows for me down field if my leg was giving me too much trouble.
Even before my 2nd trip to the surgery table, the club's long standing president resigned, and someone else took over. This someone else wanted to shake things up, and this is how:
1: He wanted every club member to have an archery rating (whether the archer wanted it or not)
2: He wanted to make the club a competition only club. Any archer who had a rating (read #1) had to compete with other clubs, whether they wanted to or not, or they would have to forfeit their memberships.
I never cared about ratings, nor did I see any need to compete. As a matter of fact, I only did so once, mostly to prove to a certain arrogant prick that "Yes, I can shoot, and I will out shoot you". And I did, and I have my 1st place medal. But after that, I had no desire to compete.
Now, another club I belong to (not archery) wants to do the same thing. They're proposing that all their members have ratings, and have them enter competitions.
I have no desire to be 'rated', or be forced to enter competitions because the club wants to compete with 'the big boys" (my term, not theirs) .

Technorati Tags:

No comments:

Post a Comment