Monday, February 17, 2014

Holy crow, that worked!

For almost 2 years, I've been dealing with glacier slow Adobe CS6 Bridge. Every fix/tweak/suggest has been tried with no results. CS5 Bridge was always faster. What I did was this. I left CS5 installed (smartest thing I did). Using yLaunch, I made a short cut for Photoshop CS6 and Bridge CS5. Biggest problem was newer ORF files are unreadable by Bridge CS5, so I convert those to DNG. But how to get the latest Adobe Camera Raw to work with it? It was so simple, I'm surprised I didn't think of it sooner. I went into C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\Plug-ins\CS5\File Fomats and moved the Camera Raw.8bi out of there to my desktop. I launched PSCS6 and CS5 Bridge with yLaunch. Opened CS5 Bridge preferences and changed every instance of Photoshop CS5 to Photoshop CS6. Restarted Bridge. Double clicked on a DNG, and voila, it opened in Adobe Camera Raw 8.2 without a problem. I tried this on Canon CR2 files, and it worked, too. And all the scripts to photomerge or other tasks work with CS5 Bridge. And after doing this, the ORF files were viewable in Bridge CS5. Halli-fekking-luliah!

No comments:

Post a Comment