Monday, May 4, 2015

Although I am quite sure Adobe will deny it

I just updated CS6 Extended and Bridge that goes with it.

Now, for the past 3 years, Adobe CS6 Bridge has been glacially slow loading thumbnails, and even if you worked in one folder, when you closed Bridge, and reopened it later it would treat it as a new import, grinding away at reading files, generating thumbnails.

I downloaded and applied the new updates.  Then reset Bridge to factory default (something I do with every update) and suddenly CS6 Bridge is loading files/thumbnails as fast as CS5 did.

Not quite believing it, I opened a folder I knew had 300+ CR2 files. It generated thumbnails in less than 15 seconds.  Closed Bridge, and reopened it. It opened to the last closed folder, and everything was immediately there. No "building criteria" stalling, no rebuilding thumbnails.

Now, after 3 years of telling me it was something *I* was doing wrong, and something wrong with my computer, they fixed something in it, and just passed it off as a typical update.  Schmucks.  Yes, I am grateful they fixed the problem, but still pissed off that it took them three friggin' years to do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment