Tuesday, May 19, 2015

I have a decision to make

And I am of two minds as to what to do.

A few weeks ago, a photo judge allowed his personal bias to derisively dismiss and insult me and my work in a rather rude, arrogant manner (calling the photographer, me, lazy and the photo not a 'challenge’ ).  His actions, in my opinion, were unprofessional, rude, and cruel. I came >.< this close to just putting all my gear on ebay. No joke. As it was, I just packed almost all of it away.

Turns out my husband kind of ranted about it on his own. I didn't know, I had no part in that. 

Because of his rant, and in a totally creepifying move, the camera club president showed up at my door, unannounced, and proceeded to vicariously threaten me for said judge. 

*I'M* the injured party, willing to just shut up and go away, and the judge is in a snit?  This was a person I had respected, who turned out to be unworthy of said respect. 

Ok, my choices:

1: Just brush my hands off, and let the incident fall to the past. Sounds good in theory, but to me, this not only allows but encourages him (and possibly others like him) to repeat this unprofessional behavior.

2: Mediation. His lawyer has offered mediation, and the mediator he suggested is member of photography group, one which the judge was a member of, and is probably a good friend of. Figure the odds of THAT being unbiased. Call me paranoid, but that would be as unbiased as a certain "Fair And Balanced"  cable news show.

Still 2: I am intimidated and scared of said judge. I don't want to be anywhere near him, and even typing this out, the very thought of it is bringing me to tears and making my hands shake.  I don't think he realizes or cares. But you should ask my husband how much my hands were shaking when I picked up a camera a few days ago.

So, do I face him, scared spitless and wanting to throw up, or just let him slide, and allow him to do it to someone else again?

No comments:

Post a Comment