Monday, November 2, 2015

Hopefully, this will 'fix' things.. again.

I fully understand "Intellectual Property Rights" and copyright. Kind of have to.

So, the 1st time I was accused via Redbubble Email of IP violation, it shocked the beejeebus out of me, and pissed me off, as I was 'guilty until I proved myself innocent".  (UBISOFT claiming my "Assassin's Guild" photo series, the one that predates their games by over a year was an IP violation. I shuffled through all the legals and hoops, proved myself innocent, my work was reinstated, as UBISOFT does NOT own copyright of the word "Assassin".

Last month, I get hit with another one.  For an original artwork.  Fighting this one too, because:

1: It's an original artwork. A digitally created portrait, using an art program.
2: Song titles themselves are not copyrightable
3: There is no music involved, no audio, no video (see #1)
4: There are literally HUNDREDS of other portraits of the same person on the same site.

What really gets me burning is the "Guilty before you prove yourself innocent" bullshit.

No comments:

Post a Comment