Thursday, November 19, 2015

The lesser of two evils

And annoyances...

Some update to Firefox and Waterfox caused a pretty serious glitch.  Both Mozilla browsers would 'forget' what addons were installed, they would vanish from the "Add-Ons Manager" list.  They would still be visible on tool bars, though.  After a few restarts, though, both browsers would have all the addons open in a new tab and ask if I wanted to install them.  

I did all the troubleshooting, even ripping out every little bit and piece of firefox/waterfox including profiles and plugins. I had made a list of what utilities and addons I had, and then spent 2 hours reinstalling the browsers, and the addons... only to have the freaking problem persist.

I threw my hands up, and installed Cyberfox.  Yes, AIRoboform doesn't automatically load a page once the login information is place where it needs to be, but it's not getting amnesia about its settings and addons.

And in other news, France caught the mad man who plotted the mass murder of Parisians.  He's dead. And as much as I don't celebrate the death of another human being, the world is a better place without someone so enamored with death, and the killing of others.

No comments:

Post a Comment